If you are new to Breathwork or simply looking to incorporate a new transformative stress reliever Box Breathing is for you!
This exercise can be done by anyone. Find a comfortable quiet place and lets begin!
Sit in a comfortable position and slowly inhale through your nose, filling up your lungs with air, for a count of 4. Focus on your breath and bring awareness to how this first inahle feels.
Hold this breath for 4 seconds.
Exhale slowly through your mouth for 4 seconds.
Hold this exhalation for 4 seconds.
Repeat this process a few times or until you enter a relaxed state.
Check out this diagram below. Save it on your phone to refer back to later.
Potential Benefits of Box Breathing
- Higher concentration for a prolonged period of time.
- Mind clarity.
- The ability to make decisions more efficiently throughout the day.
- Regulates the autonomic nervous system, which is the primary mechanism in control of the fight-or-flight response.
- Reduces stress in everyday experiences.
- Greater feelings of happiness.
- It is very simple to learn and can be done anywhere.
Want to learn more about Breathwork? Check out these useful apps:
Did you find this helpful? Share with us on Instagram @Synchronicityllc if you try Box Breathing and share with us how you feel! Also, share this article with a loved one.